Monday, December 08, 2008

Hanoi Market Action

The markets in Hanoi were an absolute delight, bursting with vibrant colours and and fantastic smells. Much of what we saw seemed fantastically exotic - I could only recognise about half of the fruits, vegetables and roots on sale. We took some surreptitious photos at a covered market off Pho Ly Thuong Kiet:

A typical transaction (note use of motorbike helmet as shopping basket - very eco-friendly):


Or you might prefer just to drive your motorbike straight into the market:


We'll be back to kit out the kitchen:


Rotisserie dog anyone? Possibly the only thing I could never bring myself to eat:


My favourite Longans - about 10 cents a kilo:


Thats all from Vietnam, at least until I've found an excuse to go back. Watch out for a fresh spring roll recipe on Jifflings in the new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently dog is the dog's bollocks if you're Korean (and we've probably all had it anyway in a dodgy "chicken" chow mein). Dog's bollocks, however, will hopefully never pass my lips.