Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday 23rd

An hour of hard cycling this morning provides me with the appetite and excuse I've been looking for to have a lunchtime curry. Penultimate on my Northern Quarter list is Aladdin's off High Street, so I pop in on the way back from picking up the new Arctic Monkeys Album in Fopp.

A medium-spiced Chicken Karahi with Naan and Roti comes to £4.90, and I eat it straight out of the carton in the living room, and end up with orange stained fingers. A proper set of reviews of these restaurants is due next month, but for the time being I thnk its fair to say that Aladdin's won't be the winner of the MAnchester Curry Cafe Award.

My tea involves warming up last nights soup. Boring eh? Follow that with plain yoghurt with bits of chopped up banana and crushed up digestive biscuit crumbs... better than a muller 'crunch corner' any day.

Bloody tinned artichokes are still lingering on top of the cupboard. They cost about a quid-fifty as well. I could have had about thirty satsumas for that.

I've got a plan though...

No comments: