Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Broken Laptop

My laptop has broken. Funny white lines across the screen mean 'the screen is knackered' according to the man on the phone. Anyhow, its gone off for repair for at least a week. Fortunately I'm in the middle of experiments and reading, rather than any writing up so I can live without it for a bit.

So no blog, or not very much anyway. I've pretty much forgotten what I've been eating... there was a nice corn-fed organic chicken on Friday night accompanied by a bitter salad and copious amounts of Chilean wine. There have also been sausages and black puddings from the farmer's market in Piccadilly, and a sugary apple pie.

Due to the Tabasco immunity I've taken up drinking Thai sweet chilli sauce. Lovely on bits of cold chicken.

The weather is grim at the moment, and I seem to have been comfort eating too much in the last month or so - too much soup/risotto/bangers and mash/whole chickens. With this in mind I've resolved to start eating less stodgy foods as soon as the clocks go forward. Roll on summer...

No comments: