Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ready Steady Cook Challenge:

Thought I might give myself an interesting culinary challenge and encourage a bit of interactivity with the readership (surprisingly more people than I thought!).

On the show ‘Ready Steady Cook’ chefs are challenged to prepare a two-course meal using only a few quid’s worth of ingredients (plus store cupboard staples). What I’d like to do is for you – ‘the readers’ – to challenge me to prepare a meal using only five or six key ingredients specified by you.

To make it reasonable I’ll be able to use store cupboard ingredients such as cooking oil, spices, lemon juice etc – basically what is in my small store cupboard (I won't make any special purchases).

Also – the selection of ingredients has to have reasonable variety. Its no good suggesting a pasta, rice, and potato dish. The ingredients should be affordable too – no lobster and foie gras please.

I won’t look on the internet for ideas, nor will I consult my recipe books. I’ll give an honest assessment of how tasty the dish is…

Send your ideas by email to the usual address, or put them in the comments section.

1 comment:

Jiffler said...

Damn thee M, that would have been a doddle without the thousand island dressing. Looks like it will have to be a two courser...